Your Best Local Paving Service
The Premier Paving Experts in Lancaster
Concrete is a popular option for driveways, and while it does have its merits, asphalt has the upper hand in a few key areas. For example, concrete can crack after prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures or other harsh elements in the environment. While this isn’t much of an issue with asphalt since it’s composed primarily of sand and rock that are naturally found underground. This means your driveway will be less likely to suffer from cracking when compared to one made out of concrete which needs special additives just to resist cracks! We install concrete driveways as well, but see below for some of the advantages to asphalt.
Get your Free Estimate
- Asphalt is more affordable than concrete. Both in initial installation cost and in maintenance.
- The majority of asphalt driveways are black which gives them an elegant look versus the gray tone that most concrete driveways come in.
- Asphalt has better thermal properties than concrete, meaning it can withstand heat up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit! On the other hand, with a driveway made out of concrete you’re looking at around 150 degrees before those pesky cracks start showing their ugly heads. Plus there’s less need for additives as
- It offers more flexibility and movement. This is great for when you want a driveway that can go with your landscaping, but don’t want it to be too stiff or rigid. So if you’re worried about those cracks before mentioned, asphalt will give way instead of cracking like concrete does!
- Asphalt is one of the most resilient materials for your driveway. What’s more, it doesn’t crack like concrete does! That means you can get a long lasting surface that will never need to be repaired or replaced. It also has excellent drainage properties which means water won’t pool up and freeze under your car in the wintertime like some other types of driveways do – this prevents damage to your tires and rims from salt build-up as well!
- It lasts longer than any other type of material (think decades!) so you’re not faced with unexpected bills or the need to replace or repair the driveway
Asphalt doesn’t crack like concrete does, so you won’t have any worries about how it will hold up over time.
- With low maintenance requirements for sealing asphalt driveways regularly (once every two years) they are virtually worry-free!
And as if these benefits weren’t enough to convince you…it’s also much easier to install! There’s no need for formwork or curing time thanks to its flexible properties.
Lancaster asphalt driveways are one of the best options for your home. Lucky for you, we’re asphalt professionals and have been doing this so long that we’re certain you’ll be satisfied. Give us a call today to schedule your quote!